Tuesday, May 24, 2011

To be invisible
Will be my claim to fame
A girl with no name
That way I won't have to feel the pain
Indispensable
Just a plain old human being
Today don't mean a thing
In a world that's so mean

A world that seems not for me
So privately
I'll be invisible
That way I won't have to explain a thing
If you know what I mean
I won't even have to be here on the scene

It's so ridiculous
But the strife and the bliss
Will go right on through
Right on through me
To have missed

All the things that hurt your soul
No one would ever know
They'd never know
Life so preciously
Just don't seem to be
As free as they claim freedom to be
Things are going fast
To have found that all is in the past
To have to take what you can get
Sure can make a heart upset

Inconspicuous
I must behave myself
For somebody else
Who may have a little fame, fortune or wealth

So I'll be invisible
Invisible
Invisible


~Curtis Mayfield

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holiday Shopping at Amazon