Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Superbowl commercials

I don't like sports.


There, said it. I don't want to engage in them. I don't want to watch them. I don't want to discuss them. I tried to play racket ball once. The ball whizzed past me. I looked at my then boyfriend like he was 14-kt crazy. That muther fucker could have hit me in the face! I walked right out of the room.


I tried to run after a tennis ball once. I was on one end of the net, the ball went to the other end and I remember grumbling, 'god damnit. I gotta run after that?!'


Because I was nearly 6ft tall in high school everyone wanted me to play girls basketball. I thought...why? Why would I willingly chase a ball up and down the court?


I DON'T GET SPORTS!


I digress...Sunday, my daughter calls me and announces that she is not going to be home until after the Superbowl. And I said, 'Today is the Superbowl?" and she says, "Mom!!" Haha...I had no idea who was even playing. Later that evening I was talking to my friend Y-Not who is a huge sports fanatic and he says, "Ewww...I must turn on mute to stop my ears from bleeding; The Black Eyed Peas are singing..." I scream, "Are they singing Time of My life????" I love that 30 bit part.


But the reason for this drawn out account is to mention something I'd forgotten. SUPERBOWL COMMERCIALS!!!!  Oh, and half-time.


I missed all of them, of course. But here are some that I later caught or heard about:


~Doritos; guy sucks the cheese from another guys finger (entitled; the best part)



~Doritos; guy sprinkles Doritos dust on dead things to bring them back to life; including the dead Grandfather.



~BestBuy: Ozzy vs Justin Beiber



~Car commercial with a cute Darth Vader kid



~Snickers; Roseanne Barr/Richard Lewis loggers



~Go Daddy: Joan Rivers in the bod of a 20 year old



~Bridgestone: Email sent to to reply all


~Chevy: Old folks home (commercial plays and old people misinterpret what is said)



~Brisk Iced Tea: Eminem


-Bridgestone: Beaver



4 comments:

  1. I could care less about sports too. I only care about what my little brother is doing...He plays at the University of Nevada(whoo go wolfpack!!) Other than that, I dont see the point of cheering for a person that I dont know. Its okay if a kid has a favorite player, but I'm not going to be in my living room yelling at the tv for someone that I dont know. I did watch though. It was a decent game.

    Now, on to the Black Eyed Peas. You should ask your friend YNot to check out a song they have called "Que Dices?" It's hot!! It's old as hell and its before Fergie showed up. They really have come a long way, and I'm proud of the band that they have evolved into. Their come up story is a good one too. Once again, they came out like 13 years ago. Just my 2cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the best commercial was the Bridgestone commercial with the beaver. I thought that was so funny. I watched at my parents house because they have the huge tv and when that one came on, my mom almost fell off the couch from laughing so hard

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav is the Dorito's-The best part. Man, that finger sucking was so hilarious!

    Mo, I added yours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I will be in the minority here because I am a huge football fan (Buffalo Bills Rock!!!!) I thought the Black Eyed Peas rocked as well. I thought the commercials weren't that great this year. I did like the Dorito's one where the guy replaces the crumbs for his friend's grandfather asses and bought him back to life

    ReplyDelete

Holiday Shopping at Amazon