Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Shadow People re-edit

I had sent someone a link to The Shadow People because it was listed on the contest poll, and I decided to give it a quick read since I hadn't looked at it since October. It was so poorly edited that I'm surprised I didn't get feedback on that! Since I do my own editing, I have no one to admonish but myself!  Anyways, I decided to re-edit it. It just reads smoother now with no major changes.

I have submitted it to Literotica. This year my resolution is to pay closer attention to my writing skills and that includes editing. Here is the link if anyone is interested in reading it again. We have some new blog followers so if you haven't seen this story yet, please enjoy!

THE SHADOW PEOPLE

5 comments:

  1. NaturalSelektion or NS..whateverFebruary 6, 2011 at 8:31 PM

    I was just thinking about your skills as an editor. You are actually quite good. I'm reading Urban Vampire for the 3rd time.....while I wait on a new story and you do really well. Of course you're not going to catch everything....hell, I even catch mistakes in printed books. So, be proud of yourself. You have a great grasp on the English language...now, back to Kim, Paul, and Alexis. You made a great decision...I didnt like Tony for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks NS.
    You spend a split second on a word and when I go back and read it, I'm amazed at some of the stuff I've written. Sometimes I don't catch it until I've read it a few times. But thank you for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. writing myself i know even when you reread your work three times over, little error's/typo's can still be left behind. my stories are proofread by jazcullen(and lightly edited) then final edit by asylumseeker(reason why sometimes updates take longer, he edits for a lot of people in his spare time)
    if you want i can do a proofreading before you let it go "live".
    no it is not a burden, i do this for a few more fellow writers and i really don't mind. the work i get to "proof" i tend to have it back to the writer within a day, max two(never know what my kids get into LOL)
    just offereng.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mokkelke. The sad thing is I have an editor that I like working with; Honeybree--two whenever JG has the time for it. I also have a first-read; Michelle. But lately I've not been using my resources. Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. or we should get less demanding so you have the time to use them ;-)
    but as said, the offer is there and i have the time.

    ReplyDelete

Holiday Shopping at Amazon