Sunday, February 27, 2011

Kindred by Octavia E Butler: Audio


I was telling a friend about Kindred by Octavia E Butler. This is one of my top 5 books of all times...if not my very favorite. Well several years ago I saw an audio version of this book performed by the SeeingEar Theater. They perform in the way of the old time radio shows, with the background sounds and everything. It has a great cast:

Alfre Woodard as "Dana Franklin"
Lynn Whitfield as "Sarah"
with Ruby Dee performing Slave Narratives


Checking it out!

KINDRED
Pt 1
Pt 2
Pt 3
Pt 4
*You may need QuickTime to view this. 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you. This is my favorite book. You recommended it to me awhile ago and I read it over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. This is one of those books that you definitely want to share the wealth. I just finished listening to the last of it. Ruby Dee's narrations were almost overwhelming for me. But I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it acted out. There are a long list of other books that this group does and I'll definitely check out some of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post Pep! Kindred is definitely one of my favorite books. Octavia E Butler was the first black female author to write in the sci-fi genre. Even though reviewers didn't consider this story to be sci-fi at the time of release. IO cant wait to get home to watch this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this book and keep putting off reading it because it seems so intense (what can I say? I can be a punk sometimes).

    Working my way through Anna Karenina now, but this will be priority reading after since I see how much you and the other two commenters love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the book Kindred and I've read other books by Octavia Butler and they were very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read this book and I brought a copy today for my collection of IR books.

    ReplyDelete

Holiday Shopping at Amazon