Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Music from commercials

Just out of curiosity...am I the only person that becomes near obsessed by music from popular commercials? My current obsession is from the Amazon Kindle Commercial-January 2011; the second half of the song. Now, I'm not interested in going out to buy a Kindle because I love my Nook...but, if I had heard this song first before I bought it...

But I am pretty positive that I bought my palm pixie based on the commercial listed here.


Kindle Commercial


Lover's Carvings by Bibio




 Palm Pixie Commercial


Sleepyhead by Passion Pit




Liberty Mutual


Half Acre by Hem




VW Commercial

Pink Moon by Nick Drake

Ok, I'm just curious, but is it just me?

8 comments:

  1. No, it's not just you, Kim. I think that VW commercial is addictive.

    JG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, when that commercial was in heavy rotation I would stop whatever I was doing and just smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you're not the only one! I love lover's craving and wouldn't have heard it had it not been for the commercial, I like the target commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsprKOigFaY but I think this snippet was composed only for the commercial only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Kem, I wasn't able to find it. Generally I can find it by typing a question like; what is the song that plays in the target commercial that says it started with a dress?

    But it didn't work this time. Lovely song though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know I'm not the one. I think I've have all the Apple commercial songs on my iPod.

    -A

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely are not the only one. I find a lot of songs that I like on commercials. I used to catch hell trying to find out names and everything but the Shazam and Sound Hound apps have greatly helped. I found one of my fave songs on that Overstock commercial, James Morrison 'You Make It Real', that 'Falling Away' (still have no idea who sings it) song from the Sprite commercial. There was a Nivea commercial with a song called 'Under Control' by Parachute. And then there are the movie preview commercials. I love finding those random gems. They usually end up being some of my favorites. And I like how some companies now include the name of the song at the beginning of the commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok I like the free credit report .com guys, the new ones are ok but the old ones rocked,lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too! Not sure why they changed them, they were a good band. And I could have sworn that the old ones had Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette of Trueblood) appearing in one of them...

    ReplyDelete

Holiday Shopping at Amazon