Monday, December 27, 2010

A Tribute to Teena Marie...RIP

I just saw this as I got up this morning and it shook me.  Teena Marie has died at the age of 54.  I intend to do a tribute to her because she has been an inspiration to me in so many ways; from being a strong woman that held her own in the music industry, working almost exclusively with black artist and fighting for the Blue Eyed Soul movement.  Teena Marie will live on through her awesome music!


RIP Lady T

...And I Can Feel This For SureIf Hate Is On Your Mind And U Can't Give Love in KindIf Anger Is Your FriendDon't U Know When U Die You Will Come Back AgainIn The Master's Plan, You Will Come Back Woman Or Man.If Your Life Is Full Of Sin,Don't U Know When U Die U Will Come Back Again!I Thank God! I Thank God! I Thank God!I Am Not Coming Back No More!I've Been Here Before. I Thank God! I Thank God! I Thank God! (I Don't Want To Come Back No More!)  
Teena Marie Playlist by Pepper Pace

4 comments:

  1. I was so shocked when I saw that she had died. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time hearing of this...that makes my heart sad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost forgot how beautiful this woman's voice was. I've been listening to her all day

    ReplyDelete
  4. We heard at Christmas of this tragic loss....I adored and grew up listening to Teena Maries voice and music and as a performer I sing her songs in my set almost everywhere I go...she had a fantastic talent, voice and presence....my thoughts are with her family her young daughter....RIP Lady T Isabel Roberts in London

    ReplyDelete

Holiday Shopping at Amazon