Friday, September 13, 2013

I had a great time at the 2013 IR Reader's Cruise

From left to right; Authors Yvette Hines, Erosa Knowles, Serenity King, Pepper Pace, Tiana Laveen and Sienna Mynx

I've returned from my first traveling author's events. I was joined by two great friends Sue and Jeanette and I expected that I would be nervous and maybe a bit timid. Let's face it, I'm pretty much of an introvert. But I was pleasantly surprised that this event was not what I could have ever anticipated. Everyone made me comfortable, and took me under their wing as the 'newbie' of the group. They even convinced me to attend a book event next year in New Orleans.

I not only got to meet some of the best writers around but I got to hang out with the fans of this amazing genre. We had so much fun that today I missed seeing everyone at dinner. But I know that I will see them all again...and hopefully you too for next year's event.

Next years event has yet to be determined but the authors will have much more involvement in it and therefore I will be able to post here all of the information necessary if you are interested in attending. I know that there was very little information about this years cruise but we plan to make this a regular event so even if you can't make the next one there will still be another.


I'll give you more information once I find out and I'll leave a permanent link to register for the cruise. I'll post pictures over the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holiday Shopping at Amazon