Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Pepper Pace story! The Mutant Chronicles

I have been thinking about this story for a while now and decided that I wanted to do something for young adults. Unlike The Purple World, this story is not a child's story and the themes are very adult. Yes there will be some language, perhaps even sex. What there won't be is profanity. Other than that, a young adult story isn't much different than my adult stories.


I know that I often write about alienation in my adult stories; people who don't always fit in. But those are stories about people who walk a different path. The Mutant Chronicles is more about what puts you in that state of mind. And I truly believe that being a 'misfit' doesn't mean you can't be completely comfortable in your skin. You just have to learn that love comes within ones self before it can come outside of yourself. I suppose that I want to show that WE ALL have felt like this at some time or other...but then we keep going and we develop a life which has ups and downs but which also has so much promise.


The theme deals with a group of teens that are in their senior year of high school. I intend this to be a series and it will have a "WOS" feel to it. You will just have to read it to see what I mean. 


THE MUTANT CHRONICLES-Prologue

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome pep! I'm actually a senior in high school (even though I'm 19) I can't wait to dive into this story...I crave your work! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Holiday Shopping at Amazon