Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Meet Pep; Friday October 26th

If you live in the Cincinnati area, you are cordially invited to Pamper Night at New Prospect Baptist Church. It's at 6pm on October 26 and I'll be there giving away free books and signing autographs (blush). There is one catch. You have to be a woman. Haha. My first book signing and it's at my cousin's church!!!

So my cousin happens to be a minister at new Prospect Church (located near the historic Findlay Market) and I had given her one of my books to read; Juicy. She really liked it and asked me if I would come to her church to speak. I was like; "Uh...no." She goes, "Come on Kimberly!" I was like; "No." 

Well, I don't know. That just kept going on and on until well...here I am. When she realized that I truly was too shy to speak to a group of church women about my erotic books she relented and just invited me to come and be pampered. So I said I'd bring some books to give away and that way I won't feel so bad about getting free massages. Honestly, can you see me talking to church women about erotica? Oh my Go--goodness!!

I've never been to pamper night but it sounds nice; massages and other things that are all FREE. You can't beat that! And plus, you get to meet me! 


Where: New Prospect Baptist Churc
When: Friday October 26 at 6pm
Address: 1829 Elm Street
              Cincinnati, OH 45202

8 comments:

  1. Good for you! I am a Pastor and I have been reading your stories for a couple of years. You have a fantastic gift. I don't live far from Cinci and would love to come. However I have a Missionary and Evangelists conference the same weekend. Do not be shy. Saved ppl have sex too - even baptists :-). More importantly your stories are about real ppl in real relationships. Even the sci fi stories depict believable character traits and interactions. Which is why you have such a following. I will admit to skipping some of the steamier parts in some of your stories. But even those have their place. There is such a thing as Christian Romance and some push the envelope to include light erotica. God gifted you with something wonderful - Never be embarrassed nor ashamed of your blessing. But I'm sure your cousin has told you all of these things. By the way is your cousin a female Pastor? I'm doing some research on women in the ministry and would love to get the northern perspective. Congratulations on your success and enjoy the fun. And if you ever make it Lexington, KY come by the church for a visit. Please email me at kjackson@students.midway.edu Minister Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly, thank you for your words of wisdom. It is funny because my cousin said nearly exactly what you said! She has one adult son and she smirked at me and said, "Kimberly, I have had sex at least once, you know." I had the good grace to look embarrassed. My cousin's name is Sharon Roberts and I told her about your interest in women in ministry. Here is the church's contact page. She was quick to say yes that she was interested! Thanks again Kimberly, for your comments and for your invitation to your church!

      http://www.newprospectbaptist.org/sitepages/ContactUs_Main.html

      Delete
  2. Is it just me, or does every city and town have a Elm and Main street? lol

    -392OhMyGoodness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I bet every one of them are located in the Urban part of the city. Also, why do they give the projects fancy names? Like, we have one here called English Woods...Yeah, don't be fooled, y'all. It is still the projects.

      Delete
  3. Hello Pepper, I wish you live in Los Angeles,California. I would love to meet you, by the way have you thought about selling sign copies of your books for your readers. I would be the first to order and purchase. Thank you Bain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bain,
      I actually have thought about that. Logistically I don't know how practical it is. Maybe in the future if I have some help with writing. That way I can just sign them and someone else can be in charge of shipping them out. Thanks again!

      Delete
  4. Hey Pep! I can't even lie, I'm soooo jealous! I'm all the way in Boston and I would love to meet you...you wouldn't happen to have a long lost relative on the east coast that you owe a visit to, would you?? Haha just kidding. I've already told you how much of a fan I am and I'm lucky enough just to be able to read your stories. (Even though I should be blaming you for being so good at what you do! I'm addicted! Lmao) Anywho, I can't wait to see what you do with WOS in 2013, definitely something to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SD :)
      Pamper night was a blast and a lady came up to me and said that she had come especially to talk to me! I was pleasantly surprised and she and I talked at length about her plans to write.

      You never know SD. There just might be some plans for a book tour in my sights. I'll be sure to hit California to visit Bain and now Boston to visit you! *laughs in a non-stalker way*

      Delete

Holiday Shopping at Amazon