Saturday, March 16, 2013

Beast has made it to the Quarter Finals of the Amazon Contest

Woohoo! 
Beast has made it past round 1 and is in the quarter finals of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel contest. You can view the pitch and the opening of my story as well as those of the other contestants that made it through to the quarter finals. 

But I am going to put a call out. Beast needs some positive reviews because this is a contest of popularity. The grand prize winner will be chosen by Amazon readers. I know that there are many drawbacks to winning a popularity contest on Amazon.com. Though the multicultural and African American genres are well represented by some very talented writers and very loyal readers we tend to have our own neat little niche. There is very little cross-over and our stories seldom go mainstream.

In my case I have an even bigger barrier because I write very unlikely romances. Well, that will never change--it is what intrigues and compels me. I doubt that I could write any other way. But sometimes I wonder...maybe the world is ready for a change. Maybe the INDUSTRY is ready to see something new instead of the same predictable stories with the same Caucasian characters. That Beast made it this far tells me that my story telling has piqued the interest of the judges. 

Regardless of whether I win the grand prize I just want my manuscript to make it far enough to be read by the publishers. I want the IR genre to be in the spotlight and for the world to see how much talent is found with our writers...not saying I wouldn't mind winning (smile). I won't be rich from my writing and that is fine. I'm rich because I'm appreciated for what I do. Thank you all! 

Please take a look at my excerpt and pitch and if you feel inclined to do so, leave a positive review! 
 
Beast by Kim Chambers - quarter finalist in the ABNA contest.

http://www.amazon.com/Beast-ABNA-2013-Entry-ebook/dp/B00B9N3CCK/ref=br_lf_m_1001087871_3_66_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&pf_rd_p=1512768842&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1001087871&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0T2WXZQ1MVVDPYPA66Q9 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holiday Shopping at Amazon