Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Life as a White Trash Zombie; book review

Have you read this Diana Rowland story? I just finished it and LOVED it. I do happen to like Zombies even though fantasy characters are not really my cup of tea anymore. And this zombie story goes back to the good old days when zombies craved brains. Remember the movies when it was all about getting more brains? That is probably why I really took to this story, also because I personally have never read a First Person Zombie story. And of course the 'white trash' angle was intriguing.

It is about Angel Crawford who is a 23 year old high school drop-out, druggie, felon. She lives in a trailer with her abusive, alcoholic father and has a boyfriend that is as much of a loser as she is. 

The funny and sad thing is that being turned into a zombie was an improvement...

This story is filled with humor and a pretty good mystery. I laughed, I got teary-eyed and it was hard to put down. Angel is someone that you will root for. And it's very well written. The characters are completely f*cked up and yet you still feel for them because that is just like real life. My Life as a White Trash Zombie gets a definite thumbs up!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Holiday Shopping at Amazon